- 20 surfers
- Five, 40 Minute round one heats with four surfers
- 15 wave maximum per surfer. Single highest paddle and single highest tow wave will count for each surfer’s total heat score
- Overlapping heat format will vary between paddle and tow, whereby surfers will adhere to a priority system that will in effect allow all surfers to catch both paddle and tow waves
- The winner of each heat will progress straight to the final, the second place surfer in each heat will move to a re-charge round pending conditions whereby they will sur for the final spot in the final
- The highest placed surfer at the end of the final will be crowned the Red Bull Cape Fear champion
*EVENT FORMAT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON WAVE QUALITY, SIZE AND CONDITIONS.